Increased Mortgage protections for Irish consumers brought in by Minister for Finance
- From Monday 21st March 2016 taxpayers who want to appeal tax assessments by the Revenue Commissioners can make their application to the Tax Appeals Commission. Appeals by taxpayers will now be easier and more efficient to make.
- In a scheduled review, the ratings agency DBRS has upgraded Ireland’s sovereign rating to ‘A high’ - an improvement of one notch on the DBRS scale.
10.03.16Minister for Finance welcomes CSO data indicating that Ireland had the fastest-growing economy in the EU in 2015
- Ireland’s GDP grew by 7.8 per cent in 2015 - This is the strongest annual GDP growth rate since 2000 and by far the strongest growth rate in the EU.
- Employment numbers have risen by 44,100 (2.3%) annually in the fourth quarter marking the 13th successive quarter of annual employment growth.
- Employment levels are now at their highest since the first quarter of 2009 with just under 2 million people now in work.
Commenting on Todays Exchequer Returns
Minister For Finance Michael Noonan said:
The Tánaiste and Minister for Social Protection, Joan Burton, T.D. and the Minister for Finance, Michael Noonan, T.D. launch a consultation on the use of Intermediary-Type Structures and Self-employment Arrangements
27.01.16Harris welcomes strong jobs' growth in first year of IFS 2020 Strategy and launches 2016 Action Plan at European Financial Forum in Dublin Castle
Minister of State for International Banking, Simon Harris T.D. today announced the publication of the Q 4 progress report for IFS2020, the Government's International Financial Services Strategy which shows job creation well ahead of target.
21.01.16Minister for Finance welcomes nomination of Christine Lagarde for a second term as IMF Managing Director
The Minister for Finance Mr. Michael Noonan TD, today (21st of January) welcomed the nomination of Madame Christine Lagarde for a second term as the Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
Commenting on Madame Lagarde’s nomination for a second term, Minister Noonan stated: