The Minister for Finance, Michael Noonan T.D., today welcomed the successful exit by the State from its €1.837 billion of Preference Shares held in Bank of Ireland.
04.12.13Minister Noonan's Statement on NAMA’s announcement today that it has reached it €7.5 billion redemption target
Commenting on NAMA’s announcement today that it has reached it €7.5 billion redemption target the Minister for Finance, Michael Noonan stated:
04.12.13Minister for Finance to exit Bank of Ireland Preference shares and recoup a premium on the initial €1.8 billion investment
* Negotiations concluded on transaction that includes Sale and Redemption of Preference Shares
* State to exit its €1.837 billion of Preference Shares held in Bank of Ireland at a profit.
* Transaction will build further confidence in Ireland’s recovery and will strengthen Ireland’s return to normal market funding.
Welcoming today’s (3 December 2013) exchequer returns, the Minister for Finance, Michael Noonan T.D. stated:
03.12.13Independent report on the demand for credit by Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) published by the Department of Finance
The Minister for Finance, Mr. Michael Noonan TD, today welcomed the publication of new compliance ratings for 50 countries on the practical implementation of the Global Forum’s tax information exchange standard. Ireland was one of only eighteen countries to receive the top rating of “compliant”.
22.11.13Minister for Finance. Mr Michael Noonan, TD, welcomes appointments to the Irish Financial Services Appeals Tribunal (IFSAT)
The Minister for Finance, Mr Michael Noonan, TD, welcomes the appointment by the President of members to the Irish Financial Services Appeals Tribunal (IFSAT). Members were appointed by the President on the nomination of the Government. The Warrants of Appointment were signed by the President on 5 November. Members have been appointed for a term of 5 years.
The appointments are:
- Permanent TSB placed €500 million in Irish Residential Mortgage Backed Securities – first publically placed new issue of this kind by an Irish Bank since 2007 & PTSB since 2006
- AIB issued €500 million 3 Year Senior unsecured funding ; their first such issuance since 2009
- Strong international investor demand for both transactions with competitive pricing
Today (19-Nov-2013) in Strasbourg Minister of State at the Department of Finance Brian Hayes welcomed the European Parliament’s vote in favour of the 7 year Multi-annual Financial Framework (MFF). Today’s plenary vote puts the final seal of approval on a long-term Budget comprising €960 billion in financial commitments for the period 2014 to 2020.
The Minister for Finance wishes to reinforce today’s (14 November 2013) message from the Central Bank to businesses to be prepared for the changes to electronic credit transfer and direct debit payments due to come into effect on 1 February 2014. The Central Bank has noted that, with less than 3 months to go to the Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA) deadline, almost 30% of impacted companies hav